Wednesday 20 October 2010

Quieter crisps please

I just found an article about Walkers reducing their carbon footprint by making their bags from recycled potato peelings. What a fantastic idea! And when I read that they make 10 million bags of crisps every day I was even more impressed by this huge step in the right direction. Reading a little more about this story I realised that this has already been tried by Frito-Lay, another crisp company who produced 100% biodegradable bags. Perfect! Except that people complained they were too loud! Too loud?! You're only eating crisps! Does sound affect your taste buds? Will it diminish your enjoyment of the crisps? I cannot believe that thanks to a 45,000 strong facebook group, entitled 'SORRY BUT I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THIS SUNCHIPS BAG' Frito-Lay took this green packet off the market.
Apparently Walkers new version will be quieter. Well, thank goodness for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment